Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 825: Darn Ego!

Getting myself to write this blog today will be the highlight of today.

It is 10:26pm and I am still in office under an overwhelming mountain of workload that shows no signs of being less of a mountain.

Under normal circumstances, I would have skipped writing the blog today and would have come back to it a few days later and talked about the Chai I drank or the lovely lemon rice that Jumilah had packed for my lunch today (which was quite the highlight, by the way)!

But two days ago I happily declared on Facebook -
"Resolution for the next 177 days - if I am not travelling, I shall write the daily blogpost on the same day itself, no matter how late it is or how tired I am. Am done with bulk writing. "

... and then I proceed to further add on to it by writing -
"(OK, now that a public declaration has been made, my ego shall help me achieve it)!"

Groan.

So here I am writing a blog in spite of the fact that I am dead tired and I still have so much work to do. All because of that darn ego. And that darn Facebook. And that darn sense of impulse. Bleargh.

But now that I am almost on to the very last sentence of it, I know that I will be happy, later.

Yup, it's done.. .my blog post for the day is done.. I have managed to write it in spite of whatever else that's going on with me... I don't lose my face in the Facebook world after all...!

Yeah baby!

Happy, now.

175 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment