Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 433: Fondue!

26 January, 2011

Honestly, the first time I heard of this concept of a Swiss fondue, it made me shudder.

Here's the Wiki explanation of a fondue, in case you are not aware: Fondue is a Swiss dish of melted cheese served in a communal pot over a small burner, and eaten by dipping long-stemmed forks with bread into the cheese.

And what made me shudder was the idea of eating only pieces of bread dipped in a pot full of melted cheese which, in my imagination, was like pumping fat into my stomach until it is ready to drip out from my mouth. I couldn't imagine why anyone in their right minds would eat something as bland (I never liked cheese and bread can only taste so good anyway) and unhealthy and absolutely gross as this. And hence, I had kept my distance from it.

Until today. Today as part of a team dinner, a fondue was placed in front of me.

And then I realized why people do eat this seemingly atrocious dish.

It is because Fondue is so extraordinarily YUMMY. SO YUMMY that you no longer give a darn about fats and pots and melting cheese. Instead all you can get yourself to do is close your eyes and focus on the taste and go "mmmmmm.....ohhhhh.... . mmmmmmmmhhh"! After that you wish you were a far tinier being so that you can jump into that pot full of melting cheese and float around in it for the rest of your life.

It's that good. Yeah.

Thank you, Switzerland. I love you for one more reason.

567 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment