Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 414: Best Embassy Ever!

7 January, 2011

As an Indian, there is always the pain of having to get visas. There are only a handful of countries where you can either enter without a visa or get one on arrival. To all other countries, you gotta queue up at their embassies, fill in a thousand forms, give a thousand supporting documents and make a couple of visits to drop and collect your passports etc. In a nutshell, it is a hassle.

I have been to quite a few embassies for this, but I must say that I have never felt better than today at the Australian embassy! The queues were relatively short and fast-moving, the service was impeccable and here is the best part - they give you the visa immediately...yeah, like ON-THE-SPOT! There is no "come back after 10 working days because that's how long we take to figure whether you can be a tourist in our country or not" nonsense! And this to me, is a HUGE deal because usually I come back disgruntled from most embassies. But here I came out beaming!

So without a doubt, the Best Embassy Ever award goes to the Australian Embassy and I have already decided that Australia is one of the most rocking countries, if not The Most Rocking, in the world. Now am so looking forward to my first visit there!

586 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment