Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 418: Lock Those Knees!!!

11 January, 2011

There are certain yoga postures which require you to completley lock your knees, which is possible only with some decent amount of flexibility. The hand to foot pose or the paadahastasana is one of those. In my 2+ years of irregular visits to yoga class, I had not been able to lock my knees during this posture. It was always too hard. I was always probably a couple of inches short of achieving it.

But today, for the first time, I managed to Lock those Knees... as I bent down with palms under my heels and face on my knees (if you have no idea what I am talking about, you might wanna search for Paadahastasana on google images)! It got me so super excited! So excited that I felt encouraged enough to push for more flexibility as the class went on with reasonable success (and resulting in reasonably sore muscles the next day).

But it felt awesome! I can't say that this pose is a check yet because it's still not perfect, but for today am very, very, very happy with being able to lock those damn knees finally!

582 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment