Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 340: 19.9%!

25 October, 2010

I have a weighing machine in my house. That measures not just the weight but also the body fat percentage. It might not be all that accurate but it gives you something to track your fat obesity.

When I graduated I had a ridiculous 40% body fat (highly obsese, considering 21-25% is considered average for females of my age and 16 - 20% is considered "fit"). This dropped down to about 25% - 27% a year ago thanks to hot yoga. But my biggest dream was to be "fit" according to my weighing scale. That is to drop below 20% one day.

And today was that day! Today, for the first time ever, the scale dropped below 20%, officially declaring me "fit"! Yay! OK fine, if you really want to be super specific, it was 19.9% exactly but STILL. I have finally dropped a whole 20 points in body fat!

And I think it's pretty goddamn awesome! Woooohooooo!

660 more to go.

2 comments:

  1. awesome stuff! what do you call this functionality in the weighing machine? i think i should get myself one too, although the initial figures are bound to be depressing, I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey...i dont think it is super accurate, but at least you can know your relative progress! :) i just asked for the machine that gives the body fat percentage. it usually comes with fat n water percentage. in singapore it was available at guardian... try a similar store there! :) n dun be depressed by any figure. i used to FORTY freaking %.! it cant be worse than that! :)

    ReplyDelete