Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 316: M.E.T Brothers & Mausams Edit!

1 October, 2010

This is a historic day, to say the least! Today's the day me, the founder of Kathaah productions, got to meet the three brothers behind M.E.T films - the guys who are working on Mausams editing, sound etc! I met one of them, my main editor now, about a year ago online. He had gotten hold of my short film and commented on it online and I had replied back. What started from there led to full fledged chats on films until we were sharing scripts and films with each other for feedback and inspiration. Finally, when Mausams happened and I was neck deep in production, direction and editing etc., my eyes started to fail and I realized that I was not meant to edit this film. It will have to be my friends in M.E.T films.

And so after a long play of fate, today I got to meet them personally. I had not even spoken to them over the phone previously, all over conversations had been over chat, so this was incredible!

After a breakfast meeting with my colleagues followed by our last round of consumer work for the visit, we returned to the hotel. Then two of the three M.E.T brothers came to pick me up. We had 1.5 hours of journey through Mumbai's notorious traffic which was made rather pleasant with the hilarious conversations that took place.

They took me to their uncle's place where, over some ordered Indian-Chinese food, I got to watch the first edit of Mausams! That was MY film... running to a good 120 minutes... put together after a painstaking month by my editor! It was surreal to say the least. I believe it took me quite a while to really absorb that THAT was end product of almost a year's work! And to think my editor has done such a fine job even without anything to help him other than the script and the raw footage is incredible! Sure there is a fair amount of work remaining on the edit (this was only the first draft), but it's really a very promising start!

After the film viewing and a detailed discussion with my editor on what changes are to be made, the three brothers dropped me at the airport after another 1.5 hours of a hilarious journey.

So yes, my India trip has ended very successfully... after a successful presentation, finally meeting the M.E.T brothers and leaving with a hard disk that has my first ever feature film draft edit. Feels SO good!

684 more to go.

1 comment: