Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 336: Back on the Editor's Chair

21 October, 2010

I used to do the editing for the film in its early stages until my eyes started to crumble under the pressure (in other words, it started to tear like nobody's business) and the doctor asked me to give them some rest. Then came my life saver of an editor, a friend who was based in UAE then. He took over the editing fully and did a brilliant first cut. But due to the geographical distance between us we could not collaborate as much as what's necessary. So for me to give feedback to him is a very painful process.

Today, I thought, well... maybe it is easier to edit on top of his edit and use that as a feedback instead of a hundred emails. And thus I was back on the editor's chair today and it was so much fun! Editing is seriously a very satisfactory thing to do. Working at snipping away all that's not needed while keeping the good parts intact to ultimately get the perfect product, is very very fulfilling.

So I did about 6 hours of edit in the night and had a great time doing it!

664 more to go.

2 comments:

  1. You were amazing enough in school.

    However, you continue to amaze me, each day. And that feels so good!

    Congrats on retrieving that Ed. Hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you ! :) am not totally retrieving it... only doing some parts of it.. my official editor would still be the in-charge! :)

    ReplyDelete