Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 330: Training Begins!

15 October, 2010

I've already mentioned here several times about my upcoming trek to Sandakphu & Phalut (in India). Obviously I am super duper excited about it! And also super duper nervous because we are covering an average of 15 kms per day on hilly terrain. GULP! I have never done that kinda thing before!

So I got myself a brand new pair of hiking boots and decided to walk in it as many days as possible and as far as possible. First day (last Tuesday), it was only a pathetice 6km that I could cover and my target was a minimum 10km.

Today however, I covered the targeted 10Kms... yay! Of course this is still less than the ideal of 15km which is going to be all the more harder when you have to do it 7 days in a row. But at least I have begun my training and am mighty pleased with it.

So yes, training has begun. Shopping has begun. Packing has begun. SO looking forward to it!

670 more to go.

1 comment: