Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 331: Vanity Fair

16 October, 2010

I consider myself less vain than the average woman (and my super pretty and well dressed colleagues from SK-II, the premium skincare brand I used to work on earlier, would vouch for that - they used to have a hard time getting me to look decently made up). I usually avoid dressing up and wearing make up and the last time I got a manicure and pedicure was about 4 years ago, for my wedding.

But after looking like crap for months on end, once in a while I do have a craving to dab a bit of foundation and smear a lip stick.

Today was one of those days.

Looking good had been the last thing on my mind ever since I started to shoot for the film about 6 months ago. As a result, almost every behind-the-scene picture used to have me looking like I haven't eaten or slept for weeks while all my actresses around me looked incredibly pretty.

Today I found myself with a free evening, having completed the dubbing exercise earlier than expected. So it was decided that the hubby and I would grab dinner from Clarke Quay, one of the hippest night places in Singapore. So I put on one of my nicer dresses , put on a bit of make up and went out. (FYI, I still avoided heels. Those are painful and not really worth the effort unless under pressing circumstances).

And it was a good outing! It's like I got in touch with my feminine side!

Back at home, I experimented a few different looks with different make up colours I had bought over time but never used. It was quite a fun exercise for a while. But then when I started looking like a devil and scared my husband (and also self, in the mirror), I decided it was time to wipe it all off.

So yes, today was a vain, fun day! Until the next one!

669 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment