Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 326: Freaking Gorgeous Day!

Yup. Today was more than a beautiful day. Two things that happened that made me super duper happy!

Firstly, the date for my feature film's premiere has been fixed! And we have an offer for venue sponsorship by one of the independent screening venues in Singapore! While the offer came in a couple of days ago, the date was finalized only today after further discussion with them. This doesn't mean we are ready to go ahead and screen the film yet, there is still tons of post production work remaining but if all goes well, we should be premiering Mausams on January 20th, 2011!

So obviously that got me really very excited!

And then I got an even better news!

I had written here about how I came across an old, ailing beggar lady when I was in India and was disappointed with myself for not having helped her sufficiently. After having written about it on the blog and feeling miserable for a while, it kinda went off my mind after a few days.

But what I didn't realize was that my super cool mom, having read the blog and realizing that the experience had really gotten me down in the dumps, had made some arrangements to track down that old lady! The event had taken place at a tailor's and my mom went back to them to check whether the lady goes there often. They told her that she does come once in a while and the next time she comes, they would let my mom know.

Today my mom called me up saying that she got a call from the tailors'. They had gotten the lady to wait and my mom rushed there to meet her! She gave the lady some money (and this time it was sufficient for medicines) and clothes, much to the her surprise and delight apparently! How freaking awesome is that?!

That was seriosuly like the best news ever! Who would have thought she could be tracked down! And who would have thought my mom was masterminding this whole thing behind my back! Am so very happy!

In short, two (very different) things that I really wanted, have happened today - the possibility of a decent premiere for my film and a chance to help that lady.

Here's to the team of Mausams!

Here's to the old lady and to my fantastic mom!

And here's to wanting something with all you heart that God is left with no choice but to conjure it up!

674 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment