Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 246: Kerala Cafe

Today was interesting. Firstly, I didn't make it to office because I decided to give my tear-gland-defective, dried-out eyes some rest. The doctor had asked me to keep away from computers as much as possible, at least for a few days... so I decided to stay on at home and not strain my eyes for the day. However, post noon boredom got the better of me. I mean, what is one supposed to do without computers and books and TVs and such?!

So at about 3pm I convinced myself that watching a movie on the TV, but sitting far away from it will be the least straining on my eyes. And so I sat down and watched Kerala Cafe, the much awaited DVD that I had purchased a few days ago.

This collection of 10 short Malayalam movies, had released in Kerala last year but I didn't get a chance to watch it until today. And I really, really enjoyed it! Needless to say, am a movie buff and I long for good quality malayalam films, a rarity these days. And Kerala Cafe simply blew me away! My favourites from the collection were Happy Journey, Bridge and Makal, followed by Aviramam and Off-Season

I don't intend to write a review about this, but watching a good movie really makes my day and today has been "made" by Kerala Cafe! :)

754 more to go.

1 comment: