Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 227: The Fun is Back!

2 July, 2010

For two weeks now, I had not done any work related to the film. No shoot. No edit. Not even watching the footage. It's been so crazy at office and with travelling etc., that film was a long way off my mind, except for some never-ending scheduling work I always seem to have.

But today I ended up with some unexpected time on my hands. A meeting ended three hours earlier than expected and so I used that time to sit down on the edit.

And that was interesting because after the last two weeks, I think I was almost beginning to feel disconnected with the film, because everything else was so overwhelming. I was not doing the "fun" part of it, which is visualizing it and executing it via shoots and edits. Instead the only film related work was scheduling and logistics and rescheduling and logistics and rescheduling and did I mention logistics?! And these things get really tiring when the "fun" part is not visible.

But editing for a few hours brought back just that. The FUN of making the film. I love the way the scenes seem to come together. These are scenes that I had seen in my head several months ago and now am seeing them on the screen! That's an incredible feeling! Whichever way the film turns out eventually, the experience of working on it is simply fantastic.

So there. The FUN is back! And now am looking forward to tomorrow's shoot!

773 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment