Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 253: Locations and Websites

29 July, 2010

Yet another interesting day. The first half of the day was useless. Absolutely useless. I attended a few meetings and answered a few emails but did not get any serious work done. It was hopeless. I couldn't concentrate and was feeling rather bored with this entire thing called life.

By evening, it was clear that this had to change and that I need to get some solid work done. Otherwise I would lament about this wasted day, for several days to come, which would result in them being wasted as well.

So firstly I hit yoga. To be very honest, I don't think I gave my best in yoga because I had issues concentrating there as well. But I did manage to get through it, so that started turning the tide on the mind-numbingly unproductive day.

Then I made my way to Boat Quay. The mission was to find a location for my shoot this Sunday. Even when am not shooting, am pretty consistently working on the film in my capacity as the producer and production manager and assistant director etc. and this had to be done before the weekend. My ever-supportive hubby joined me in the mission as well.

I chose a random restaurant where they had some decent lighting and where the people looked friendly enough. I asked one of the waitresses whether I could talk to their manager and she pointed me straight towards the owner of the restaurant who was enjoying smoke by the river. We went up to him and explained our situation and he readily, I mean very very readily, agreed to our request. I was SO happy and grateful! It also turned out that he himself is looking at starting up a production house on top of running this restaurant which is only his part time job (he is a full time IT consultant), so his heart was at the right place when it came to supporting struggling independent film makers, especially the part timers! That really did swing my day from being a sad one to an Awesome one!

Then we sat back in the restaurant to continue with dinner and was soon joined by my generous friend who has volunteered to work on the website for the film. The good news is that he is as organized as I am when it comes to work, and he came prepared with several templates for me to choose from and I was quite happy with one of those! So there is solid foundation for him to work on! Sitting there, we also got www.mausams.com registered. Yay!

So in a nutshell, it was a really productive day in spite of the slow start.

747 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment