Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 231: Two Workouts, One Day

6 July, 2010
 
Firstly let me thank some of the kind readers who read the previous post and pointed out that I have messed up the number of the day (I think I wrote "Day 229" for what's rightfully "Day 230"). Well, the thing is I have no access to my own blog from here in China. In the process of getting its population secured from the blasphemy of wordly news, China has successfully denied my birthright of access to my own dear blog. Which means I can't visit the link and also not blogger.com. However, blogger.com has cleverly given an option whereby you can email blogs to a certain address which will then be automatically published. And "Day 229" or rather, "Day 230" was the first such successful publication of mine. Only catch was that I couldn't visit the site first to check what number I was at the day before (and nope, I couldn't remember this significant detail that had passed just 24 hours prior. Am aging after all). Nor can I go back and edit this whole numbering system until I get back to Singapore on Friday. So yes, thanks, duly noted and shall be repaired within the next 48 hours.
 
OK getting back to 6th July.
 
I had to think a bit about 6th July. I mean, honestly nothing cool happened other than doing a ton of work and attending a string of meetings throughout the day. Much as I love my work and think that it is one of the best things that happened to me, I wouldn't put the above mentioned events under the "beautiful" category.
 
That's when I realized hey wait, I actually did two workouts within one day! OK, fine... maybe "workout" is a stretch but I walked 40 mins in the morning in the gym and then again walked another 40 minutes in the gym in the evening. Now that could easily go under the "beautiful" category because it shows such single-minded dedication to keeping my health at its peak. A dedication which was completely missing the last couple of months. Walking might not be quite the most effective of all excercises, however it is indeed something and am happy to have done something while I am travelling. It makes me less guilty about all that yummilicious food!
 
So yes, it was a good good day!
 
769 more to go (hope the numbers are correct this time).

No comments:

Post a Comment