Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 250: Cry for Help

I have this big shoot coming up on August 8th for which I need as many as 60 extras to make it happen. This is no mean feat really because it is the long national day weekend in Singapore and that would mean that many people would be travelling.

I had been trying to spread the word a bit here and there with decent success but had started panicking because 60 seems rather high a number. So today, I took some time to write a note asking for help, and sent it to everyone and anyone who has supported me in one way or the other in Singapore over the years. It was more or less a distress call, asking two hours of their time on August 8th, just so that I can complete this film.

It added quite a few numbers to my count, which is however still far from 60. But the good thing is that it got me to interact again with a lot of people whom I havent been in touch with for a while. Some of them can make it while the others are travelling and cannot. But the most heartening thing was that everyone was very supportive. Just the way they respond, is so encouraging in itself! They are all kind enough to say that they will make it a point to watch the film when it is made, even if they can't join the shoot!

So yes, today was beautiful because I cried for help and it was heard.

Plus also the fact that I complete 25% of the blog today... yay!! :)

750 more to go.

2 comments:

  1. will try and come and get a few friends :)..good luck getting the 60 ya..neeraj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch Neeraj!!! :) It would be super helpful if you can come! I will pass your contact to nitya, who is helping me with keeping track of the crowd scene. So she will contact you separately. Thanks again!! :)

    ReplyDelete