Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 244: Inception

20 Jul, 2010

The whole world is talking about Inception, the film, and I was beginning to feel left out of conversations because I had not watched it yet. So that's exactly what I did today. Watch "Inception".

Sure, it is a mind boggling movie and as expected I didn't totally understand it but it was highly inspiring. Not the movie itself, but the fact that Christopher Nolan has written, directed and produced it himself.

I mean, come on! That would take quite a bit of grit, I can assure you. The movie is not one that's easy to write, direct or produce for sure and he has managed to do all three himself! And for an aspiring tiny writer and director like myself, that's just superhuman stuff!

And I must say the inspiration came at the right time. Because I was slowly beginning to crumble under the pressures of the film making task at hand. I am worried about the jam-packed hectic schedule for the next three weeks; am worried whether the weather would hold for the outdoor shoots because it has been very unreliable in Singapore recently; am worried about the locations I need to get ready on time; am worried about the people I need to get for a big group scene; I am worried about shooting outdoors at night with no lights and this camera since that has not been done before and I really am not sure how it would turn out; I am worried about my eyes which have developed a dryness syndrome out of the blue due to strain, which is just their way of saying that am abusing them too much with office and film work; am worried about completing the shoot within the given time at a paid, external venue etc. etc. etc.

Net, I am worried. Rather, I was worried.

But watching Inception made me realize my problems are rather minute compared to what C. Nolan would have had to go through to get this film done. I mean sure, he has all the money in the world and all the professionals he needs at his beck and call, but still it could not have been easy at all. So that was really very inspiring!

And now that I am inspired, I think I can go on for a few more weeks! It's action time once again!

756 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment