Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 229: Mexican and Lebanese

I had a decent day of shoot today. I say "decent" and not "good" because we managed to complete only a part of the shoot while the rest had to be postponed due to unpredictable weather conditions.

So the unpredictable weather conditions resulted in unexpected free time on my hands. So the hubby and I set out to do what we love doing the most - Eat good food. We went to Holland Village, a caucasian habited area of Singapore that we used to frequent during our university time because it was the only "cool" place near campus during those days. But the cool place is currently very far from our home and we haven't been there for ages. So we decided to go check it out.

First we went to the Mexican restaurant El Patio. Now, if you like Mexican food or for that matter any food at all, you MUST try the Pepper Chicken Fajita there. It is like YUMMMMM. Am not that great a fan of Mexican food, but I found this one Absolutely Terrific. Then we went to Al Humra, a Lebanese place. There we ordered a kebab soupish thingy with some kinda flavoured rice (from that description you can make out that I have completely forgotten the name of the dish). Now, this one was also tasty no doubt. But what was super cool about the place was that the complimentary starter that they serve are olives (black and green), pickles and carrots. I love olives and the ones I had today at Al Humra top any kind of olive I have had before. The black olives especially were mouth-watering. And so were the pickle which was so apt for my tangy-taste-loving taste buds.

In short, the gap in having a satisfying shoot was made up with a whole load of delicious food. All in all, a tasty day!

771 more to go.

1 comment:

  1. wow... thats a lot of food for one meal.. u lucky girl, u have a good metabolic rate... unlike me :(

    ReplyDelete