Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 238: 4256

This is rather incredible. A film maker friend of mine has offered help for editing my film, which would be a huge relief if it works out because editing is surely back breaking work. I have edited about 40 mins of the movie but still there's tons more to go and it would really help for a new pair of eyes to look at the already edited material as well to give it an even more interesting spin if possible! So am very excited about the whole thing.

But if he is editing, it means that I need to give him all the files in a properly organized manner. So that was what I was doing the whole evening. Organizing and reorganizing the files so that it is very clear which shot belongs to which scene and they are easy to track.

And in the process, I discovered something rather incredible to me. I have done a total of 4256 shots for the movie so far! Am not sure whether that is too much or too little for about 50min worth of edited footage but still, to me it feels like a whole life has already been spent on it! Phew!!!!!

And am not even half way through technically. Gulp.

But it's OK. I guess it feels good to just look back to see how much one has come, to get oneself going forward.

So here's to the 4256 shots I have taken and my poor actors who gave me those.

762 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment