Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 677: First Interview!

27 September, 2011

Today I, for the first time, interviewed a potential candidate for my company (under the supervision of an experienced interviewer of course)! For the past few days I had undergone trainings and observation sessions but today I got to lead the process myself.

And it was a very interesting experience!

Asking the right lead questions, further probing anything that might give you a better grasp of the candidate's competency, gauging whether what he/she says is indeed above average contribution in the right context, etc. was more challenging that I thought, especially within the allotted one hour.

At the end of it, my final scores matched closely with that of the experienced interviewer under whose supervision I was leading the process, which made me feel awesome!

A whole new experience, and super fascinating one at that!

323 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment