Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 669: Super Cool Monday!

19 September, 2011

Interestingly, these days I am feeling rather upbeat about my work. A number of factors have led to this - successful completion of certain projects, the excitement of starting on new ones, a few good inspiring talks with some of my bosses, and last but not the least, my own attitude towards work and the role it plays in my life.

You see, there are times when I feel that my regular job is simply a means to earn a living, after all how much more can selling shampoos mean? But on the other hand, there are times when I feel like I really enjoy what I am doing - the high of solving complex issues, pleasing tough managers, understanding the consumer psyche, seeing that sharepoint inch forward, designing a new campaign and seeing it come to life, etc. - all these make the job more than just about making money but something that's simply fun to do!

And I have been pretty much in the second camp most of the time recently. Today, even though it's a Monday, I was super chirpy and happy and consequently, pretty productive at work. I feel in control and I feel good!

And that makes this Monday a Super Cool Monday!

331 more to go.

1 comment:

  1. Yo shilpa, as a suggestion - would be very nice if you could install disqus on your blog. My mom did it on hers - so it is a VERY simple process.

    Makes commenting much easier. :)

    ReplyDelete