Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 668: Official Videographer!

18 September, 2011

Today, for the first time ever, I was (or at least I pretended to be) a real videographer! You know, like the ones that carry around all these equipment at concerts and weddings etc. and pretend to be oh-so-cool, asking people to move out of their way as they shoot that perfect shot? Yeah, like one of those!

This came by because the play by my in-laws was to be staged today as well and they asked me whether I could help with the video shoot and I immediately jumped at the opportunity! So there I was with my Sony handycam (which I had not used for 3 years) and a tripod, all ready to be the official videographer for the day!

And I do think I did a decent job. Well, it's not really hard to follow a play on stage with a camera - just a bit of panning here, a bit of zooming there, etc. It's pretty easy job but standing wedged between the tripod and the wall behind me, for 1.5 hours was no joke.

In any case, I managed some pretty decent footage and most importantly, I had a lot of fun! It was my first experience as the official videographer for an event! SO cool!

332 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment