Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 654: Rocking Final Day!

4 September, 2011

Sadly the last day of a wonderfully fulfilling holiday!

But it continued to be a super fun day - last or not!

In the morning, my parents, uncle and I went to drop the hubby to the airport for his flight to Delhi. The point to note here is that the whole family accompanied him to the airport, which is more than 50 kms away, in spite of the fact that we would have to make yet another trip all the way there later at night for my own flight to Singapore. And all this in spite of the fact that we had a wedding to attend and my dad had a concert which he was part of (he is a percussionist)! And not just that - my dad's friend at the airport accompanied the hubby all the way up to plane to ensure that he is comfortable! Like seriously, TOO much pampering for the son-in-law, I say! Anyway, it was a very fun trip as we yapped away all the way up and down!

Later in the afternoon, I attended the wedding reception of my mom's very close friend's son. It was lovely to be part of it because even though I had been quite out of touch with them the last few years, we used to spend a lot of time together when I used to be in India more than a decade ago. So it was lovely to catch up and spend some quality time together. In spite of the fact that they were the prime hosts of the wedding, they were still spending max time with my mom and I, which was incredibly sweet!

Then came the goodbyes with all the uncles and aunts and my granny. I didn't feel like leaving at all, but well... we promised to gather again next year all together, for Onam. So, looking forward to that!

I might be repeating myself but this was indeed one of the best trips ever! Have not enjoyed this much in the recent past and I guess it had to do a lot with the wonderful people around - haven't had this complete a family gathering in a really long time! Even the hubby agrees - when asked what was his most favourite thing about Kerala, pat came the reply "The people!"

It truly makes a difference! God bless them all!

346 more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment