Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 588: "South Indian Meal"!

29 June, 2011

I had a craving for the one and only "South India Meal". And no, I shall not call it a "South India Thaali" because that destroys the innate "south-indianness" of the whole thing. Back in India, there is nothing like ordering one of these to the waiter, who usually shouts it as "oru meals" all the way down to the kitchen, and then within a few minutes, finding one banana leaf or a huge steel plate with lotsa rice and several different varieties of curries and vegetables to go along. Yum, Yum, Yum. 

So yes, I had a craving. But I also had to do a lot of work, pack for Hong Kong (am going there tomorrow), try and hit the gym etc. before I could really get myself to Little India and satisfy my craving. 

But I managed to do all of it! I did all that work, I went to the gym, I packed my bag, ran some errands etc. etc. and after everything was done, I caught a bus to Little India, joined the hubby there and had the much awaited South Indian Meal. 

And then life felt just perfect! 

412 more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment