Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 578: Poster!

18 June, 2011

The hubby wanted a painting. A "colourful, inspiring" one to adorn one of his walls or cubicles at work. And he wanted me to do the painting.

I wasn't very sure why he suddenly wanted a painting, that too made by me when there are so many available in the shops at pretty decent rates, but I think it has got something to do with him reading about how Mark Zuckerberg's girlfriend gifted him with a painting. Sure. How that is relevant here is completely beyond me, but I decided to give it a go.

Now, a painting is a lot of work and to be honest, I couldn't really think of what would be an "inspiring" painting. Colourful is easy, but inspiring? When asked the hubby for clarification, he said "You know, Inssssssspiring!" together with an action of gazing up and fluttering his fingers all over.

That didn't quite clarify.

So I suggested, "How about a poster, instead? I could make a collage with inspiring personalities and quotes and make it colourful?". After some discussion, he agreed that it was a good idea.

When I told him that I need a ton of magazines and other pretty pieces of paper and craft materials to put the collage together, he, in his usual efficient self, asked me to just make it on the computer instead.

Great idea, just that I had no clue how to go about it. My skill with GIMP on Mac was pretty poor.

But after a few hours of sitting on it, I came up with a "colourful poster of inspiring quotes".

Exclusively for the hubby and his inspiration.



422 more to go.

1 comment: