Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 565: New Exercise Regime!

5 June, 2011

Before the European trip, I had taken a "fuel efficiency test" at my office. It was one of those health and well-being tests organized by the company and it basically tells you how healthy or unhealthy you are. I was a bit apprehensive about the whole thing at first but my results were quite positive, so that was good. What the test also tells you is the heart rate at which you need to exercise for an extended period of time, so that you burn the fat in your body most efficiently - which obviously is a great piece of information to have.

Post taking the test, I left for Europe and of course exercise was a lost cause thereafter, until today.

The day was turning out to be one of those super boring Sundays - I woke up at noon, watched TV the whole day, did some office work and that was it. Absolutely nothing exciting. So at about 8pm I decided that if I don't do anything useful at least now, I won't even have a blog entry for God's sake!

Exercise always comes in handy under such situations. I dragged myself to the gym and did 30 minutes of brisk walking and 30 minutes of cycling, keeping my heart rate within the recommended range. Honestly, this routine doesn't give you the same high as running or Bikram yoga (I plan to get back to it soon as well), but it is definitely a new exercise regime and a supposedly very effective one at that! And am quite happy to have started on it and to not have wasted an entire Sunday!

435 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment