Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 583: GSS!

24 June, 2011

GSS stands for Great Singapore Sale. It is said to be the best time for shopping in Singapore every year. It is supposed to be ongoing through the month of June but it was only today that I realized that GSS is on. I am not too sure how I missed this piece of information for about a month but when I was finally made aware, I decided to make maximum use of it.

And by "maximum use" I meant that I planned to use all the vouchers that I had collected over the last couple of years and which had been happily sitting in my drawers till now. You see my company gives a few vouchers every year during Christmas as a small gift. And interestingly enough, I didn't get around to spending any of it for the past couple of years.

So I did just that. I made my way to Takashimaya and used up all my vouchers and bought bed spreads and a handbag. There is really something about this concept called "Retail Therapy". I did feel pretty good strutting around the mall and asking intelligent questions to the sales girls and picking and choosing the bags, bed spreads etc.

But the highlight was the dinner at the end of it. I was so tired from the shopping (yeah, I actually was!) that I decided to get a table in the first non-crowded restaurant I come across. This happened to be Coffee Club in Ngee Ann City and it turned out be a great choice! I absolutely loved their Herb Crumbed Fish Fillet! Yummmmm!

So yes, I feel like made good use of GSS, had some great food and overall had a nice evening!

417 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment