Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 570: Mausams Again!

10 June, 2011

Today is a very special day.

Because today is the day, when a leading production and distribution company in India, expressed a desire for screening Mausams in their office!!!

I was beginning to slowly forget this whole Mausams business but out of the blue, this news came and of course, I shot up to cloud nine!

It is thanks to this person (I had written about him a while ago here too), who had taken it up as his own responsibility to get Mausams a distributor. He had placed several cold calls to many production houses, but as expected for such an independent and low budget film, he met with negative responses from every single one of them. However, post the Mausams launch on Dingora, he tried another round of calls to get them watch the film and this time one of the big shots responded. Much to his delight and very much to my surprise! I can't thank him enough for his faith, passion and perseverance and for bringing it this far! Something I definitely couldn't have done on my own! God bless him!

I am not sure where things are heading, it is highly possible that nothing is going to come off it. But what the heck! The fact that someone from the real Bollywood wants to watch Mausams, is good enough for me to keep a smile forever!

Yay!

430 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment