Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 582: Mynahs and the Lady!

23 June, 2011

It was one of those goddamn awful days at work, which resulted in a very frustrated me. To get over the frustration, I decided to take a walk. A long, long, long walk.

After a couple of kilometers of furious walking, I started to feel better. I could feel my brain cooling down and I slowed my pace, and started to observe what was going on around me.

That's when I noticed this old lady a bit ahead of me. She was flapping her hands and almost seemed to be dancing or hopping around. Initially, I thought she was crazy but then I noticed that she was kinda playing with a bunch of mynahs around her! The mynahs didn't fly away at her antics, so am guessing they are pretty used to her. When I got a bit closer to her, I realized that she even had a song on her lips. And most importably, a look of pure delight on her face!

Somehow that scene struck a chord.

There are so many mynahs in Singapore and I must admit that I haven't given a second's thought to these birds, other than when they try to pick my food at hawker centres. But watching this lady having such a nice time with them made me realize that surely, there are so many things around to be happy about, why on earth am I so frustrated!

After that the walk was nothing but pleasant. From being completely frustrated, I could hear myself say that things at work will sort out. They always do. Somehow.

418 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment