Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 571: Toothy Grin!

11 June, 2011

One of those Saturdays when nothing major happened but several small, nice things did.

a) I needed someone going to Mumbai from Singapore to carry a DVD for me urgently, so I put up a call for help on Facebook. And I got a LOT of response from so many wonderful people who had friends, colleagues, relatives etc. travelling to Mumbai soon. I was overwhelmed by such a response! It was way more than I had expected and it makes me feel so supported! God bless them all!

b) I got a lovely note from a stranger who reads this blog! Well, he didn't want me to write anything about it here, so that's all that I would say. I could have opted not to talk about it at all, but then that would be a bit unfair because it had a lot to do with making it a wonderful Saturday for me!

c) One of my distant relatives, whom I have not met or spoken to for the last 12 years... i.e. ever since I came to Singapore, found me on Facebook. It was really lovely to catch up with him after so long! Plus, he told me that I look exactly like I did 12 years ago... ah... nothing beats a vanity boost!

d) Caught up with the Mausams cinematographer, who had been away for holidays for past one month. His quirky sense of humour is always fun!

e) Started on a new book by Jeffrey Archer, which am enjoying thoroughly!

f) Had a lovely meal at the Manhattan Fish Market with the hubby. The hubby, by the way, doesn't feature extensively on the blog these days because he is incredibly busy at work even on weekends. So there are not too many opportunities for any anecdotes featuring him. Because of his busy schedule, we make it a point to have at least one meal together over some good conversation (rather, I talk and he listens) over the weekend, which I always enjoy. On a separate note, the Mediterranean Baked Fish at Manhattan Fish Market is Awesome, and so is their Fiery Snapper!

So as you can see, not many life-changing/out-of-the-world events took place. But all of the above made me smile, and all of the smiles together is one big toothy grin!

529 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment