Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 484: Painting Memories!

17 March, 2011

Today I ended up reliving memories of my "painting days". It all started because this production house asked me for the pictures of my paintings for the web infotainment episode they are creating. This meant I had to dig up some of my old paintings from the store room.

What was really interesting was the fact that my old paintings were really... well..."old". I didn't realize that the last time I did an oil painting was in 2003! Most of my paintings were from 1997-1998 and a couple from 2003. That's it! Nothing since then!

Now I have an overwhelming urge to paint. I want to once again set a clean canvas in front of me and figure out what's gonna appear on it, I want to feel a brush in my hand, I want to enjoy the smells of the paints and the oils and I want to be part of a creative process that has only me and me alone involved in it.

But of course, that will have to wait until the Mausams premiere is over and done with.

So for the time being, I am happy hugging my old paintings, feeling the texture of the dried up paint as I touch the canvas, fussing over the fungus that has started to appear because I never bothered to varnish them, and telling the hubby and my editor who is visiting, "See? Once upon a time, I used to be a painter!"

516 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment