Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 306: The Blog, The Stairs & The View

21 September, 2010

I worked for a total of 16 hours today. And there really was no hope for anything good happening, until it was close to midnight and I decided that if I don't consciously make an effort at doing something worthwhile over the next few minutes, then there is really not gonna be a blog entry. And that would be the first day in more than 300 days that there really would be nothing to write about.

That got me on my feet. I thought the best way to get the excess work out of my system as well as do something productive would be to exercise. So close to midnight, post 16 hours of work, I climbed my 35-storey building up and down.

Now the best part was not just the climb and the satisfaction from being able to do something healthy, but when I was at the rooftop I took a few minutes to just stand and stare out at the view. That was really therapeutic. Whenever we see the world at a distance, all the problems seem rather miniscule. It's humbling. After that, my climb down was a lot more energized and I felt really good at the end of it.

Looks like the blog came to the rescue once again. It's a good way to remind myself that it is indeed possible to make every day beautiful in some way, provided you make an effort at it.

So yeah, it's all good!

696 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment