Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 304: 2nd Year Show!

OK there's been a serious bout of Nostalgia!

When the friends came over yesterday, I happened to search through a lot of old cds, to find our all-time ridiculously "group-favourite" movie K3G. I couldn't find K3G but today I ploughed my way through the large number of other unlabelled CDs that I found to figure out what's in them. And I came across what we call the "2nd year show" videos.

Among the Indians (from India, not the locals) of National University of Singapore, there was a tradition that every Indian Independence day, the first-year students would put up a show and every Indian Republic day, the second-year students would put up a show. Those were the days when digital cameras were just about to emerge, there was no youtube revolution yet etc. and so when we did our second year show, what we ended up was with some really low quality videos and that were written on to CDs and then forgotten about for years.

But today, they re-emerged. Hubby and I spent as good as 3 hours watching all of them over and over again! There were dances and skits and even the behind the scenes rehearsals! Everything was hilarious and made us extremely nostalgic (plus I couldn't believe that I was half my current size all those years ago!)

I uploaded all those videos onto Facebook and that has led to conversations with a lot of old NUS contacts about all those fun times from almost a decade ago! Ah!

A friend then tweeted me "We have those NUS videos from 8 yrs back as memories to enjoy today; what do u think we will look back to in the next 8 yrs?". I didn't have the answer to that. Maybe there will be something new. Maybe it would be the same videos that would then be 16 years old, to look back to.

But for what it's worth, today was definitely a very beautifully nostalgic day.

696 more to go.

1 comment:

  1. 8 years later (in 2018), you will have these blogs to read. What will you have in 2026? ;)

    ReplyDelete