Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 288: Biggest Surprise of my Life!

3 September, 2010

I had a long day of consumer research - it lasted about 12 hours or so but was a quite a fun excercise. My colleagues and I finally made our way back to the hotel at about 9:30 and decided to get dinner first before retiring for the day. We went to one of the colleague's rooms to dump the laptops and documents etc., and went up to a restaurant on the rooftop. As we were browsing the menu outside the restaurant trying to figure out what to get, I felt a movement at the restaurant entrance and I glanced up. And then I stopped right in my tracks.

My dad-in-law and mom-in-law were standing right there, with a wide smile and a mischievous glint in their eyes!!!

It was such a complete surprise that I had my jaw drop open and started squealing (wonder what my colleagues thought of that)!! My in-laws have travelled a good 5.5 hours by train to get here just to meet me and give me a surprise! And what a lovely one!

I had NO clue they had come over to Delhi, not even with the five missed calls my mom-in-law gave me in the evening... I thought it was just to catch me online or something! They had been waiting in the hotel lobby for three hours waiting for me because I had gotten late at the research!

It was really incredible!!! I think I kept squealing for about 5 minutes straight! After that I readily ditched my colleagues and took my in-laws for dinner at Bhukhara, apparently one of the restaurants my dad-in-law had been to about 28 years ago and had really liked!

We had a great time chatting over the good Bukhara food and finally they left for their guest house. I have a morning of consumer work tomorrow and afer that I would be spending the entire day with them, before heading back to Singapore on the midnight flight.

So there.... an awesome, awesome, awesome surprise... a REAL surprise... I don't think I ever had one those before, which swept me away so! It was Incredible!

712 more to go.

1 comment: