Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 296: The Great Wall of China!

11 September, 2010

What an awesome, awesome, awesome day!

A colleague and I visited the Forbidden City and the Great Wall of China and I really loved it! Especially the Wall! It was a spectacular beauty! We took a cable car up to the Wall, walked for almost an hour along it and then descended by foot. The walk was rather challenging since it had several stairs, slopes etc. and going up and down was strenuous. But I really, really, really enjoyed it and loved the magnificent views!





It reminded me all the times I used to hike in Kerala's thick rainforests with my parents. I miss that SO much! The long walks through unfamiliar terrain until you are soaking in sweat, have shaky knees that are almost about to give away but you still feel SO awesome! Ah!

I don't think I would describe more about the trip here. I kinda find it hard to explain how I felt about it. All I will say is that I loved it and I really want to get back to hiking trips soon! Let's see!

704 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment