Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 291: The Team & The Team Dinner

I love these FULL team meetings that we have at work! Given that I am working on a global role, most of my team mates are scattered in different parts of the world and once a year we come together for a 2-day "offsite". Today was the first of those two days for this fiscal year and it was lovely meeting all of them - bouncing ideas, catching up on gossips, sharing work woes and family tales and generally having a merry time! Quite enjoyed that!

Post the team meeting, we set off to my manager's place for a team dinner. Over some great Indian food, I caught up with my manager's mom-in-law. This aunty and I had met once before, a few months ago. That time I think I kinda got her feeling appalled (in a very cute way) by the fact that I cook only once a year on an average. It was unthinkable for an Indian married woman, you see. Absolutely outrageous really.

Interestingly enough, today she immediately remembered me from the last visit, and was very sweet - asking about work, travel plans, the film shoot etc. and finally the inevitable question on my progress on cooking! Upon realizing that I have made no progress whatsoever, she shared a few recipes and told me that some day soon she will make it a point to visit me at home just to have the food that I cook! How cute is that?! I was like "Awwww....!"

Then she shared stories of her childhood when she was still in her village - stories about how they used to make curd and buttermilk at home, how they used to apply curd on their heads instead of shampoos, how all girls had long, thick, beautiful hair, how later on curd was being churned not by hand but in washing machines, so on. Not that any of these have anything to do with me cooking but I absolutely love listening to such stories from bygone years and so it was a very nice chat with her! I find her incredibly sweet and cute!

Post the team dinner, I quickly made my way to another dinner appointment with the hubby's cousin from Bangkok who is in town (yes, my social life is really buzzing with multiple dinner appointments and all!). He works in a creative agency and is a real fun guy to chat with. Needless to say, I had continued to have a good time!

So the evening ended off quitely nicely and I had a lovely day all in all!

709 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment