Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 704: Labrador Park!

It was supposed to be a very normal day - you know, work the whole morning, go for yoga in the evening, have dinner at home with the hubby and mom at night etc. Nothing major was supposed to happen.

But then at about 5pm my mom decided that I shouldn't go for yoga. She made quite an argument about how she would be going back to India this coming sunday and hence how crucial it is for us to spend time together, even though it comes at the expense of my yoga.

Oh well, moms are pretty good with their arguments and my mom is especially so. Thus yoga went out of the window.

What came in instead was a visit to the Labrador Park!

A few weeks ago, I had happened to mention that there is going to be a direct train from my place to Labrador Park. My mom had stored this piece of information intact in her brain since then and she decided to pull it out today.

Given that I didn't have a very strong opinion on whether we should or should not go to Labrador Park, we ended up following mom's idea and found ourselves in a train.

Upon reaching the station called Labrador Park we realized that it is a reasonable distance away from what actually is Labrador Park. But the adventurous people that we are, we decided to take a stroll.

Somewhere down the road, we took a turn that brought us right in the middle of a dense jungle. Labrador Park is not only located awesomely next to the sea, but also has a very densely vegetated hill inside it. And that's where we found ourselves. We walked pretty aimlessly through the jungle and discovered quite a lot of interesting war relics (apparently this hill we were on was a vantage point for shooting at approaching boats from the sea), secret storage rooms, tunnels, etc. right in the middle of all that vegetation! Super cool stuff!

I must also mention that given that it was just the two of us in the middle of a jungle, it was rather spooky as well.

Anyway, after quite a lot of walking about, we found ourselves to the more familiar stretch of the park by the sea. Every time I go to Labrador park, am fascinated by how pretty it looks! The last time I was here was during location scouting for Mausams - that was 511 days ago, according to this blog. However that time a friend had given me a ride and we had spent very little time there. This time we really got to discover the park in detail and that too on foot, which was pretty nice!

The very nice mix of the forested area, the stretch by the sea, the lovely platforms, the lack of fellow humans, and the very strong breeze from the sea was perfect!

It was a lovely experience!

Oh, and needless to say, mom was pretty pleased with the trip. Given that it was her idea to go there, she almost thinks she discovered Labrador Park and introduced it to me!

Let me wind up with a picture of my pretty mom, looking pretty happy, at a pretty spot in Labrador Park!



296 more to go.


1 comment: