Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 683: Public Declaration!

3 October, 2011

So this is how a very conscious effort to make the day productive, and hence beautiful, was made.

After a hard day of work, at 6:30 pm, I updated my Facebook message:

"It's 6:30pm and I have the following things to do this evening: a) Cook (yeah, I know!), b) Dance rehearsal (yay!), c) Complete all the pending blogs (ugh!), d) Start on a bit of IOK editing (phew!). And now that I have publicly declared my plans on Facebook, my inflated ego will ensure I execute all the above. Hopefully."

At 10:30, all the above were done. Buhahaha! I knew my inflated ego would do wonders!


Oh I must also mention here that the above process what not completely without its share of pains. As you can see cooking was on the agenda! The only reason being that I had this sudden desire to cook my own recipe from last year (I had written about how I came up with it here!). In my recipe I had mentioned a key ingredient "Urad daal". But today, for the life of me, I couldn't figure which daal was urad daal! You may ask me how it got to my recipe then! I have no clue but the best guess is that I might have called my mom and asked her something like what the round thing in the plastic bottle with the red lid is and what are its uses. Anyway to avoid looking like a dunce in front of Jumillah who was closely watching my cooking process, I took the easy way out - i.e. cook without urad daal! Hah! The recipe is so awesome that the dish was super tasty even without it!

So yes, an incredibly productive and beautiful day, thanks to my upfront public declaration of my goals!

317 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment