Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 691: A Different Kinda Run..

There are runs. And then there are the real, real runs.

Not shuffles, not jogs, no even a run - not just that.

But the ones where you run as if your life depends on it - where you hear your legs beat down on the ground mocking a stampede, hear your own close-to-cardiac-arrest breathing and feel the heart thumping in your chest, hear the wind rushing by with an oceanic swwwwiiissssh. The ones where you run so hard that you feel like your legs are gonna fall off, but you can't stop because it's simply way too exhilarating!

I was talking about that kinda run this morning. I was telling my friend on how rarely do we, especially women, give ourselves the privilege of such a run!

Leaving aside how and why the topic came up, post the conversation, I didn't wanna do anything else but go for that kinda run.

And so I did!

On a relatively empty stretch of road near my house, for about 700 mts, I ran like I haven't run for as long as I could remember!

I heard my legs beat down on the ground mocking a stampede.
I heard my close-to-cardiac-arrest breathing.
I felt my heart thump in my chest.
I heard the wind rushing by with an oceanic swwwwiiissssh.
I felt like my legs were gonna fall.

And true enough, I didn't feel like stopping...

I was exhilarated!

309 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment