Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 686: iCon.

Today's for Steve Jobs.

It was time for him to go, like it would be for all of us. But the world stopped in its tracks and paid him respects, unlike what will happen to a lot of us. That alone makes this day a special one.

I don't plan to write a long note on Steve Jobs and what his contributions were to this world - a lot of others have already done that in a much more beautiful way than I ever can - but today, I did spend a long time reading about him and his wonderful messages to this world.

Here are a few that I want to keep in my head for a long time to come:

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”

"Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it.”

A true icon. Respect!

Rest in peace.

314 more to go

No comments:

Post a Comment