Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 692: Song Editing!

When I used to be in college I used to do a fair amount of editing songs for dance performances. What this basically means is tweaking the songs so that they suit the pace, time etc. that I need for my performance. So for e.g. I might have to edit a 4 minute song to a 2 minute snippet or make a string of songs that follow each other seamlessly. A lot of times, this would be a lot more complicated that it sounds, especially making sure a "cut" in the song is not evident when playing.

Anyway, I had not done something like this for several years now, mainly because it's been ages since I danced, let alone danced to music that needed editing.

However, the dances that I have been rehearsing for the upcoming wedding of the cousin, do require edited songs. So today, I was back to song editing!

And I had such a lovely time doing that. Firstly making a decision on what to keep and what to take out, then finding patches were I can snip and sew without any obvious blips and finally doing the snipping and sewing until it is exactly the seamless piece of music I need!

The feeling of satisfaction that even such a small activity gives is so amazing! Had an awesome time!

308 more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment