Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 710: Overdue Catch Up!

There are friends with whom you are constantly in touch and with whom you have a "keep-each-other-updated" routine going on. Then there are others whom who are hardly in touch with, in spite of the fact that they are in the same city (or same office even, as in this case) but you hardly get to meet up with them. And what I really love is how, when you do get to catch up with one of the folks in the latter group, it feels like you have never been out of touch at all! You can pick up exactly where you left off months or years ago and realize that absolutely nothing has changed over this long gap!

So that's exactly what happened today. After dropping my mom at the airport (and feeling adequately blue about it), I made my way to this friend's place for a highly overdue catch up. She works at P&G as well and we go back a long way, right from when she worked with me as the Asst. Director for one of my plays. She is by far one of the most dedicated, hard working, responsible people I have worked with, who has also a great initiative in getting things done without me having to specify every single detail, which is something I really appreciate!

So yeah, we decided that it was high time we had a catch up and that's exactly what we did. Over some awesome chai and yummy risotto that she made, we yapped away for 3 straight hours. Like I mentioned above, we could start off right where we stopped last time (which was probably a year ago) and not feel any of the time gap at all! That feeling always rocks!

We did part by saying that we should catch up soon again. Not sure how much of that is gonna materialize, but for today I loved this overdue catch up!

290 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment