Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 612: IOK Auditions!

23 July, 2011

What a fantastic day!!! Totally, completely, LOVED it!

It was the auditions for my Malayalam short film Inganeyum Oru Katha (IOK, as it will be referred to from now on).

This meant mainly that - from 8:30 am to 7:30pm, my house was overflowing with Malayalis resulting in Malayalam flying left, right and centre in my house - so much so that my poor hubby, the non-Malayali, decided to go for Yoga after a break of 3 months! Yeah, the Malayalis with their Malayalam drove him out and achieved the impossible!

But I loved it! We had such a fabulous time together!

The auditions went off really well, I got to meet some of my long-time Mallu friends, meet a few new very talented people, speak in Malayalam throughout the day, realize how well some of the auditioning folks could speak Malayalam in spite of telling me otherwise earlier, discuss Malayalam movies non stop, give my own audition for some of the roles which was supervised by my cinematographer, joke a lot, laugh a lot and generally have a real ball!

Ah. So much good company and fun and that too over my little project! It was a P.E.R.F.E.C.T day!

388 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment