Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 600: 600th, Good Work & Small Surprise

11 July, 2011

It is the 600th day of the blog! Phew! Only 400 more days and I can wrap this up! That doesn't sound like a lot, now that I seem to have covered far more than 400 days!

A few things happened that the made the day a bit more special.

Firstly, I decided to pull myself out of the downward spiral I was going in, at work. It's been a stressful time with an overdose of things to do and it was really beginning to get to me. But I decided to try my best to ensure that this week would turn out good. And to kick-start the effort, I woke up early and reached office by 8am. That alone made a difference.

Secondly, I came across an interview of mine in a magazine, by pure chance. I was taking a short break at work with a colleague when she told me the story of how, over the weekend, she was at a salon, flipping through a magazine.

She: "...and then I saw Shilpa on it. Interesting interview, by the way."
Me: "Who Shilpa?"
She: "Erm... you?"
Me: "Oh!"

That's pretty much how I discovered that, my interview (which I had given in May) for the magazine India Se, had appeared in its May edition. And I had no clue! Sigh. But it was a nice surprise and I managed to get a copy of it from their online archives later on.

So yes, a good working day. A nice little surprise. And the 600th day. It's all good!

400 more to go.

2 comments: