Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 594: Opposite

5 July, 2011

Remember all those posts where I used to brag about how well I did in Yoga class for the day?

Yeah. Today was exactly the opposite.

It was one of the worst classes I've ever had. It's like my body had totally given up on me. I was nauseous, extremely dizzy and in pain. I think I pretty much skipped about 30 minutes of the 90 minute class, in total - taking a minute's break after every two minutes.

Now, you must know that this is a very common scenario in Bikram Yoga classes especially if you are going after a break. My other hypothesis for the more-than-average tough class is that it was a combination of more-than-usual heat and humidity in the room, break of 2 weeks since my last class, completely unhealthy eating habits for the past few days, very stressful time at work and a super long day so far.

Whatever be the reason, it is enough to say that it was awful, really.

Nevertheless, I am quite proud of myself.

Because I did not quit.

At about 20 minutes into the class onwards, I was 100% sure that I would throw up and seriously considered walking out before inconveniencing everyone in the room.

But then I thought that this was the only way to redeem my day so far. It had been a very long and very stressful day. Work is just going at a blinding pace and it's like running a never-ending marathon. I needed to go through this class to kick myself up, to feel good about myself and to relieve the stress. I knew that if I walked out of the door, I will feel miserable for the rest of the week, at the very least.

So I hung on. It was super hard but I did not quit.

After the class, I couldn't help smiling. I was feeling like I would drop any minute, but I still couldn't help smiling.

Sometimes, even the opposite could work out.

406 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment