Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 591: Lounges!

2 July, 2011

Every time I travel business class or when I visit the Krisflyer lounge (which I get to visit because am a Gold member on Singapore Airlines) in Singapore, I send out a Thank-You-God prayer. It's because whenever I get these opportunities, I am reminded of not just how lucky I am to be able to travel to all these places but how lucky I am to travel in such comfort.

Today a similar situation came up, rather unexpectedly. It was my first time in the Hong Kong Krisflyer lounge and it was fascinating! Usually, in all other countries I have been to so far, the lounge for Singapore Airlines or Krisflyer members is combined with the other country's local airlines lounge. There has never been a standalone one so far for just Singapore Airlines members, outside of Singapore.

But there is a HUGE, and I mean really, really HUGE Krisflyer lounge in Hong Kong. That was truly impressive.

I went in there and felt spoilt for choice on where to sit. There were everything from couches to dining chairs to bar stools. I chose a small dining table and chair and made myself comfortable.

It was super early in the morning and I was really tired from the hectic week. So being in the lounge, away from all the crowd, was in itself a blessing. When I went to check out the food, I was very impressed the wide range they had made available and was particularly pleased by the presence of samosas.

As I relaxed over a cup of tea, some hot samosas and a book, once again I was reminded of how comfortable and lucky I am. To be that far from home, but to still feel pampered and so well taken care of.

Quietly, I sent out another "Thank You God" prayer...

409 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment