Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 372: Guzaarish

26 November, 2010

Guzaarish is a recently released Hindi movie which has been getting some very polarizing reviews. While one group hated it from the bottom of their hearts, another group loved it like no other film before. So I went in to watch the movie with pretty mild expectations, not sure of which way I would sway and was pleasantly surprised! It had its fair share of flaws but it was a riveting watch, to put it simply. I thoroughly enjoyed the visual grandeur, the performances, the overall tone of the film and the way way it was so different from usual Hindi (or Indian, for that matter) films. Throughout most of it, I was smiling for the right reasons and that's always welcome! All it takes is an enjoyable movie to make my day and Guzaarish has done just that!

628 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment