Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 347: The Breeze, The Marriott & The Skincare

1 November, 2010

Now that the film work has been completed...at least for the time being, I am back to having free evenings with nothing much to do! How cool is that! Since work is also going on a good pace, I thought I should really celebrate this.

So the hubby, who is always up for a celebration, and I first hit the Island Cafe in Tangs and had a yummy meal of Indonesian Fried Rice.

Then we had a very interesting shopping experience. Like, Very Interesting. It was the hubby's skincare purchase. Yeah, I did say "hubby's skincare" and needless to say it was quite a sight.

So the hubby shopped for his favourite skincare product (Biotherm Aquasource) which he says is the best thing that has happened to his skin. Apparently his skin was screaming "What the hell are you doing to me??!!!" when he applied some other product when he ran out of Biotherm.

He went on and on about how awesomely rejuvenated he is going to feel from tomorrow thanks to his about-to-be-awesomely-rejuvenated skin. He was so excited about his rejuvenation prospects that he was almost pouncing on every product on their tester bar and trying to figure out what else he must add to his skincare regime. To add to all this theatrical stuff, he actually tried some eye serum that they had and stood by his imagination (oh am sorry, "fact") that his eyes have "never felt better". I gave him one of dirtiest look which readily stopped him from purchasing that one.

Then we went to the Marriott (not a usual haunt for me since it is over priced for no particular reason), where we had more than an hour long chit-chatting over a glass of wine each. And am happy to note that on top of his Aquasource and eye serum, we managed to talk about some other random topics as well.

The best part was that we were seated outside the Marriott and there was this really lovely breeze. It's been going on for a couple of days but I had not spent such a long time enjoying it. I think it is the best weather I have experienced in Singapore ever!

Over that glass of wine, with the rambling-about-skincare hubby in tow, with the wonderfully cool breeze and no film work hovering above my head, life seemed pretty.... perfect!

653 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment