Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 348: Happy at Work

2 November, 2010

I have done some exceptional cribbing about work in the past couple of months because it was too hectic and I was under a lot of pressure. The cribbing might not have gotten through to the blog because I censor out "non-beautiful" stuff before things appear on the blog. So the frustration was probably not apparent here but it was very evident inside my head.

Now the truth is that I am not happy cribbing about work. I sincerely feel that if you are really unhappy about your work, you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. There is no point spending time and effort on something that gives you no satisfaction whatsoever, no matter how much you get paid. That would be an atrocious wastage of this life that we have.

And I always used to pride myself that in spite of some really crappy downsides, I actually am quite happy at work.

Today was a classic example for that! I was working for 12 straight hours and I actually felt good! And it was not because I had less work that before but more because I really could sense some excitement about the stuff I was working on. I felt on top of all my projects, I am meeting all deadlines, all my projects are meeting their success criteria etc. It gave me a great deal of satisfaction. In fact, I actually had quite a fun 12 hours and didn't for a second feel exasperated.

Now am hoping the feeling lasts for a long time before the next downturn appears (which is sure to). But as of today, am a very happy person at work!

652 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment