Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 354: Preping Dad

8 November, 2010

I had a long chat with my dad today. It's only two more days before we both hit Darjeeling to begin on our trek, but he is taking off early morning tomorrow for Delhi.

My dad is not the type who gets ultra excited about anything... at least not outwardly. Nevertheless I could sense the excitement in him as he divulged the details of his packing experience, shopping experience, further lists for shopping, plans for Delhi, physical prep tales prior to the trek etc. etc.

I too gave him a checklist for his packing, reminded him to take his notepad to jot down points for a future travelogue (a habit he has picked up recently), details on my flight and so on.

In short, it was the longest chat I've had with him for a while!

The trip officially starts for him tomorrow. And it's gonna be a good start!

646 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment