Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 357: Singapore -> Delhi -> Bagdogra -> Darjeeling

11 November, 2010

A very interesting start to the trip! Let me do a list on what all caught my attention, amused me or made me smile!

a) People-watching over a cup of hot chocolate as I waited at the Delhi airport for my dad to arrive. Watching travellers, both Indians and the rest is never short of high class amusement!

b) The really long wait at the super chaotic check-in counter of GoAir at the airport. We waited for a good 1.5 hours before we could even reach the counter! But made some equally frustrated and helpless friends as we waited!

c) The stunning view of the Himalayas as we flew from Delhi to Bagdogra

d) The temperature at Bagdogra that completely caught me offguard after all that Himalayan view - it was a whopping 30 degrees!

e) The lovely steep drive from Bagdogra to Darjeeling with the beautiful view of the mountains and valleys.

f) The very delicious lunch of soup and momos from a restaurant on the way.

g) The super good service by my travel operator who was incredibly helpful in finding a porter and a new hotel when my dad's bank holiday home that we had booked turned out to be a complete dump.

h) The super steep climb we had to make to get to our new hotel which is located on one of the highest roads in Darjeeling. The good thing about the climb was that I made it without much issue!

i) The cute Snow Lion hotel where we are put up and the lovely little market nearby.

j) The delicious vegetarian meal at Lunar restaurant. Loved the noodle soup!

k) The fact that it is pitch dark here by 5pm!

l) And last but not the least at all, the incredibly soft-spoken, lovely people of Darjeeling! Not only are they super nice, they all look so good with their chiselled faces, cute Chinese eyes and attractive smiles!

Net, I love Darjeeling already! And tomorrow we get to spend a whole day here!

643 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment